• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

GI/Stomach Anti Inflamatories?

panic in paradise

Bluelighter
so i have this cooky autoimmune disorder, for which i take the drug Humira to help crash my immune system, i also take Promethazine, 0xyCodone, Ritanidine, Lithium, klonopin, and medical marijuana.

the mmj works very well, but it only grows so fast aaaand well im broke, so eating and smoking cannabis all the time isn't always an option. i have a prescription for marinol, but it is almost completely ineffective and at $17 per 5mg pill is absolutely uncalled for...

after a recent endoscopy, it was discovered my stomach was inflamed. i have been tested and am negative for H Pilori(sp), and to my own knowledge the only other cause is autoimmune gastritis.

ive had dry Remicaid induced Pleurisy for a year now, so it makes sense that some wbc's/cytokynes have decided to try and save my stomach, from... i dont know what, but those crazy little guys are making a meal out of me.

they took some biopsies, but i dont see my GI for a couple of more weeks to discuss the results. i began taking a mass of sublingual vit B as suggested, and Folic Acid to try and help with the anemia.

i know of other anti nausea meds/herbs, but to internally fight inflammation on contact,,,, im stuck besides edible forms of marijuana.

this, is, a nightmare that just keeps on coming everytime i wake up....

i lost 40+ lbs in maybe 40 days or less, now, im near what i weighed at 18, after two months in jail after a 3-4 year iv cocaine/heroin habit... six six, 32, 145 lbs...

this is absurd, dangerous, impossibly frustrating, and incredibly painful.

someone must have experience with this, or know of something that may help.
dont say prednisone, i seemed to of developed an allergy to this med, and my last dose was an anaphylactic, dysphoric, paradoxical day and night from hell.

all any other suggestions are anticipated and received with much gratitude.

That sucks dude, I'm sorry to hear your stomach is in flames. I too suffer from this. Sometimes its worse than others. You say you already take Ranitidine? That's the hardcore acid reducer I take, it is usually the only thing that helps. That and eating only really bland foods. Basically living on carbs and water. Feel better!

thanks, firefighter.

i only take the ritanidine to protect my stomach from developing ulcers that can be caused by the humira.

i was on that, mmj, and omeprazole(sp) when i had some black tea one night.
in the ER iv antacids, and mytol with lidocain did nothing, the mytol and lidocain aggravated it. it was 4-5 hours and 5 mg iv dilauded before i was released.

i dont take the omeprazole anymore, and the promethazine ive doubled up on, i have one mmj edible left, and in saving that.

there is no burning, more contracting, expanding, pulsing, and lunging of more then just my stomach, it feels like. dull aching half blinding nausea.

holy shit bro. that is intense. what the hell do you eat? you drank black tea? that shit seems pretty tame but honestly has given me some of the worst stomach acid imaginable.

it was in a liter container, i had maybe 8 oz, it was my wifes, who has ulcers from ibuprofen...

i just got a letter from my GI saying i had a fair sized precancerous-adenoma,and non cancerous hyperplastic polyps.

they said to switch back to prilosec, but this is useless as it is an autoimmune problem... but ill continue with it.

.iyiyi.

Oh man, I really feel for you. I've struggled with a similar GI problem for my entire life. Can't get a doctor to figure out what's gone wrong with me.

If I don't assiduously manage of my diet, it feels like a thousand leprechauns are in my stomach with tiny scalpels scraping every single millimeter of the inside of my stomach. This is accompanied by vomiting if the pain is terribly bad, and always followed by cramping and diarrhea.

Just wanted to describe it because there are so many types of stomach pain and I don't want to waste your time with my own suggestion if your own situation is different. :) Antacids and Prilosec don't fix my problem at all.

I can relate to the carbs (well, rice only) and water thing, but I find that yogurt and Bio-K are essential for me to live in minimal/moderate pain. Bio-K is a very powerful, living pro-biotic yogurt-like product. It's absolutely the best thing I've used, but expensive. Other than that, I haven't really figured out exactly what is best for me. I know what to avoid, but I don't yet know how to fix the problem.

I wish I had more to add. It's horrible to live with this. Opiates help immensely but that's a dead-end road for me. And I'm tired of living with this GI torture. I hope you find a solution!!

I think in your situation I'd try dgl licorice for a while. It gets thumbs up from many gastritis and ulcer sufferers for soothing inflamed GI tissue. I'm going to check some naturopathy books I have at home later and see if I can find some other remedies that might help. Hope licorice helps.

I have ulcerative cholitis so i know how bad pain can realy be.
the only thing besides meds that dont ussualy work unless i go to the emergency and get demeral or morhine to calm down the incredible pain,which some on here may know about (rollin around on the floor feeling like you been shot in the guts with a shotgun)
The only thing that helps me when i feel an onset is fennel tea made from fennels seeds .it realy helps and it tastes good lke licorish..glass after glass along with some pain meds..
Also had to or rather am still suposed to take the viamin b for my anemia also.but i dont .
havent had a flare up in about a month when i had to take an ambulance to the hospital for the first time in years cause i had no ride,they shot me up and finaly relief...but then ya gota heal and still deal with the pain and i wont stay in the hospital unless im dyin ie bleeding so bad i could die,accompanied by the pain....

artaxeraxes, with gastritis it can be caused by H Pilori, an autoimmune disorder (my case),,, and another way, which mimics the autoimmune course is if your stomach does contract some any type of infection, ulcers or possibly an injury.

youre white blood cells will do their job fighting the cause. after so much time, for some people, the cells continue attacking tissue, doing their job attacking tissue as if it is still infected - causing further continuous damage or inflammation.

a biopsy of your stomach can be done to look for 4 individual types of WBC'S, and Cytokynes.

with h pilori gastritis, there is a high risk of a GI cancer. the autoimmune type is far more painful, far less carcinogenic, and also is marked by anemia, or anemic type symptoms due to the excess of cytokynes.

fennel and liquorice, yuk, but ill acquirer a taste for damn sure if it works, i will try tonight after some reading. good tip, thanks yall, it means a lot. if it works well, oh man that would be great, i mean fukin brilliant!

i can not believe ive been a patient at the regional providence cancer center for maybe two years, with progressive leukocytosis, sudden anemia, spent maybe 40 minutes that enter span with my hematalogist/oncologist who said he would do a bone biopsy if my whites got over 20, and they have been the entirety of my being a patient of theirs, but they never performed the procedure, and the discharge me while i complain day and night from abdominal pain, with polyps, and a precancerous adenoma... at 32.
colon cancer is, one of the last cancers one could possibly want, maybe my rheumatologist will start to listen more, and finally give up the fibromyalgia, drug seeking suspicions, any psychosomatic suspicions as well.

for!fucks!sake

^When my ulcer was REALLY bad and I had just started my ulcer meds- I was drinking Egyptian Licorice Tea everyday and it was amazing! (You loved it PiP) I totally forgot about that until Enki mentioned it!!! You should totally try that.

Be aware that regular licorice consumed a lot can raise blood pressure. It increases retention of sodium and excretion of potassium. The dgl (deglycyrrhizinated) licorice doesn't have the potassium/sodium issue and is considered better for long term use.

noted, extra sodium doesnt agree with lithium...

Edit: oh of course, i love that damn stuff.
but, seeing how i reacted to your morning beverage,,, i dont want to chance anything, that was absolutely awful.